PURCHASES MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Here at Booksio, each month we’ll highlight a specific charitable theme close to our hearts, and the highlighted organization(s) with the core mission to improve and address it. 10% of your sales will automatically go to making a difference towards our theme, so sit back, shop, and let us take care of the rest! If another cause or charity is dearer to your heart, just visit your account profile and pick a charity from our approved list.
Thank you for joining the Booksio community and making an impact on the world around you.
Finding the Cure
- Finding the Can in CancerView DetailsSpecial Price $12.29 Regular Price $13.22
- The Last LectureView DetailsRegular Price $10.99 - $26.97 Regular Price $10.99
- The Emperor of All MaladiesView DetailsRegular Price $16.99 - $29.99 Regular Price $16.99
- Anticancer LivingView DetailsRegular Price $16.74 - $22.50 Regular Price $18.00
- Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes (Puffin Modern Classics)View DetailsRegular Price $7.99 - $8.00
- When Breath Becomes AirView DetailsRegular Price $14.99 - $24.18 Regular Price $14.99
- Radical HopeView DetailsRegular Price $9.99 - $25.10 Regular Price $9.99
- The Cheating CellView DetailsRegular Price $16.69 - $23.20 Regular Price $17.95
- Spoiler Alert: The Hero DiesView DetailsRegular Price $12.99 - $23.99 Regular Price $12.99
- The BreakthroughView DetailsRegular Price $2.99 - $26.04 Regular Price $2.99
- It's Always SomethingView DetailsRegular Price $10.95 - $17.66 Regular Price $10.95
When you consider cancer statistics, the numbers are shocking:
Over 1.5 million people are diagnosed with cancer in the United States per year – that’s 5,000 people every single day.
Despite improved detection and treatment options, 600,000 people die from cancer every year in the United States
Cancer is the #1 cause of death for middle-aged Americans
Cancer is a dreaded disease that affects millions of individuals and families around the world. At Booksio, cancer has impacted our families, friends, and colleagues, so this fight is personal. That’s why we’re donating 10% of all sales for the month of May to three worthwhile organizations. Each of the following charities combines research with patient care with the express hope of one day ridding the world of cancer.
City of Hope
With locations in California, Arizona, Illinois, and Georgia, our 11,000-person team City of Hope has a mission to transform the future of cancer care. By unifying the branches of biomedical research, treatment and academia, City of Hope helps treatment advances travel from laboratory to patient with life-saving speed.
Pioneering chemical therapies to treat children with leukemia since 1947, Dana-Farber’s groundbreaking path of research, discovery, and innovation have revolutionized cancer diagnosis and treatment, for the benefit of all our patients, adult and pediatric. Their equal emphasis on patient care and research means leading-edge research is informed by patient care and vice versa.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
For over 75 years, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society has been dedicated to curing leukemia, lymphoma, myeloma, and other blood cancers. LLS is the world's largest voluntary (nonprofit) health organization dedicated to funding blood cancer research and providing education and patient services.
Causes we’re focused on every month.
Each month we’ll highlight a specific charitable theme close to our hearts
American Civil Liberties Union
Electronic Frontier Foundation
Black Lives Matter
Equal Justice Initiative
Thurgood Marshall College Fund
National Civil Rights Museum
Girls Who Code
Earth Day, Every Day
Clean Air Task Force
Environmental Defense Fund
Finding the Cure (Cancer Research)
City of Hope
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
National Center for Transgender Equality
Celebrate the Arts
Metropolitan Museum of Art
Metropolitan Opera Association
Young Musicians Unite
Supporting Our Veterans
Heart of the Horse Therapy
Hope for the Warriors
United Services Organization
Back to School for All
Step Up for Students
Teach For America
Making A Global Impact
Doctors Without Borders
Everyone Deserves A Home (homelessness)
Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia
Struggles to Strengths
The Gift of Fun
Babe Ruth League, Inc.
Marines’ Toys for Tots
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Have you signed up yet? Subscribe to our newsletter and we’ll keep you up-to-date on all of your
favorite authors, charities, books and special promotions. So don’t wait, sign up today!